Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas...Blessing... OOWEE...8 weeks

The most wonderful time of year! We have just had a great Christmas holiday this year... and busy as ever! We spent Christmas here with our little family and Derek's mom and dad both visited, and my Dad and step-mom came about a week before. It is so great to see family during this time of year! We started the Christmas PJ's tradition this Christmas Eve, like almost every other family I know!



Christmas day was so much fun this year with Brody! He was more excited than ever, and I think Derek and I were more excited than him. Here are a few to catch the moment.....







Ok, maybe not a few pictures, but A LOT! Anyway Brody got totally spoiled, but we did go through his toys to give A LOT away.

Then on Sunday our sweet little Braylee girl got blessed. She is the sweetest little thing alive and smiles, sleeps and eats her way through each day. We often ask each other, I wonder why calm sweet Braylee got brought to us? Then we are quickly reminded what a rowdy playful loud and sometimes obnoxious little boy we have! And she is often a breath of fresh air, although we would not ask for a better little boy!

Derek loves that little girl and there is rarely a moment that passes that I dont see him giving her kisses :)




Then on Sunday night Brody was playing with his cousins at home and got his first big OWEEE :) He ran into the coffee table and got split open just above his eye.



When I ran in and saw it, I grabbed him to get it cleaned up and he said while crying, "I'm ok mommy, I'm ok." What a brave little boy we have, not to mention how proud Dad was!

The next day we were scheduled to get family pictures done but our sweet photographer said that she sould be able to fix the little owie... Oh yeah and we weren't sure if he needed stiches or not so we took him over to our friend Spencer and Kara's house to see. They took him to another friend's house and we decided that they would probably put a few stiches in it if we took him in, but there is no gaurentee for no scar, and it is probably more tramatic for him than it was worth. And I was informed that scars are cool :)

Brody was also very proud of his cut after his daddy told him that football players have scars and they think they are cool too!

Derek and I have also gotten back to the gym and are loving it. Well, lets be honest, Derek is loving it but it is still more of a chore to me right now. I know I will start liking it more soon!

And our little Braylee girl is eight weeks old today... I cant believe how time flies but I am trying to love every minute of her growing up. She is a smiley girl and smiles most at her daddy. She sleeps about 6 hours at night. She has battled two horrible colds in her short life, and is battling the second one right now. The sweet girl doesn't know what it feels like to be healthy, but she is still as happy as can be! We love our sweet children and couldnt ask for more!

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Let's start with...I love your hair dark and long. So pretty! Brody is so cute. I get the feeling that Jaxon and him are very similar. Wild, high energy, cute, funny boys. haha I can't believe how much Braylee has changed in pictures since she was born. Time flies. Such a cutie! Glad you are all well and I hope she gets feeling better soon. :)