Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Journaling...

It's crazy how sometimes you come across those blogs or stories that touch your heart at the time that it needs it most.....As I was sitting in church today, I was so thankful that I was able to be there. After church, I told Derek, "I really needed that, today church made me want to be a better mom." I haven't been in about 3 weeks, trying to make sure Braylee stays healthy during this time of year. But I am grateful for that feeling. I love my children so much. I want to be the best I can be for them. Days like today help me to realize what special spirits have been brought into my home. My rowdy two year old is my best buddy. I love him so much. I hope he knows. I came across a blog tonight of a little boy with a terminal disease. What a trial. I know Heavenly Father will never give me anything that I can't handle but I pray that he doesn't give me that. I am sobbing right now for that sweet family and pray for them as their little 3 year old boy just passed away. I hope that I can take a step back and be more grateful for the screaming, jumping off the couch and rough play with the baby. At least my little boy is healthy. I am so grateful. Our sweet little Braylee... I am so grateful for her health and spirit. When I am at my ropes end with Brody, it seems, she is in her calmest state. I love that. I love how Heavenly Father loves me and knows when I need the most help. Again, I pray that tomorrow I will be a bit more patient, loving and kind to my children and husband. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Hollie said...

I love those times when everything becomes a little clearer and we can realize how blessed we are. You are such a good mom, you are for just wanting to be better. I think most moms recommit to do better every single day. Your kiddos are soo cute! That is great that they balance each other too! :) Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!