Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Challenges....

I am so grateful for such a great husband. Period. That pretty much sums up the last four weeks. This has been a challenging transition for me and I am so grateful for Derek. I don't think a day has gone by that I haven't called him crying. Brody has been a bit of a challenge for me during this, and it breaks my little heart when I get frustrated with him because I know that he is just being a two year old, and not to mention, he is my little buddy! I don't know how many times I have just sobbed to Derek that I just wanted our sweet Braylee to come into this world peacefully, and with all the screaming, yelling, jumping on the bed and waking her up, she has to come into this world to that! I remember when Brody was born I didn't want to go anywhere loud, wanted the TV low, etc... But I just have to realize that only child number 1 gets that peace! I know it doesn't help that when Braylee came we realized how disgusting it was changing Brody's diaper and how he was ready to be potty trained. It was like changing a grown man's diaper! So that added some stress as well. Then after 12 days Braylee wasn't gained weight like they say she "should." If you know me, you know I worry about EVERYTHING. If you don't, just ask Derek. I worried sick about her. Finally I came to peace with the fact that she was gaining weight... Then she came up with a horrible cough. SO Sad. I finally took her in. What did they tell me? Nothing, well actually everything that I already knew. I asked them to at least test her for whooping cough (No fever, so I knew it wasn't RSV). He assured me that the cough is usually a high pitched cough with a whoop afterwards, and he hadn't heard anything like that so he wouldn't test her. I said to that man, " you haven't even heard her cough since she has been in here, so how do you know it doesn't sound like that?" He said, "Well, I guess that's true..." Needless to say it was a waist of time and money, and I have been distraught ever since trying to figure out what it is. She still has it. It is not getting better or worse....maybe more often. I don't know. Anyway, Derek has been such a great support to me and I am grateful. If i was him, I might have walked out by now... Literally. Thank you Derek!


Here is the sweet thing at four weeks!






P.S. Sorry for the emotional post...yes emotional...crying as I type!

3 comments:

Christine said...

oh lady i am so sorry you are having a rough time!! it is definitely not an easy transition and i find i spend a LOT of my days yelling at corbin, putting him in time out, spankings, etc. I realized that he was acting out because he wanted attention to. He was jealous of all the extra attention I gave to Kinlee. I try to spend extra time with him through out the day so he feels like I pay attention to him too. Somedays I have to call someone to come take Corb for a few hours so that I can have some sanity. Being a mom is a non-stop job and although I am so thankful for the opportunity, it is not an easy task. Love you girl, hang in there!

a harper girl said...

Sarah,
I have to laugh at this post, not because it's funny but because I went thru some of those things too. You are such a great Mom and wife... your family is so lucky to have you! The transition is definitely hard but you'll get it down in no time. Its also a plus when you have such a supportive husband! And don't you worry, Ryan still gets those crying phone calls from me!:/

Paul and Celeste Johnson said...

Sarah Congrats to you & your family on such a sweet beautiful little girl. Hang in there im sure its a big adjustment having 2 around instead of being able to just focus on 1, but I KNOW what a great mom you are! You can do it! Hope your getting to feeling back to normal & that you will be able to fully adjust soon! Glad your hubby is there supporting & helping out. aren't husbands seriously the best? What would we ever do without them? :) Just enjoy the journey!