Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Braylee Jade Davis

What a sweet surprise!




Little Braylee was born on Wednesday November 3rd, 2010 at 2.13pm. She was about 8 days early and we couldn't be happier. I will post more later, but don't want to forget some special moments.

So I had an appointment on Monday evening at 5 in Boise. After that we had a birthing class for a couple hours so we stayed in Boise that night. Derek had some work to do up there on Tuesday and then we headed back to Twin Tuesday evening. When I got home and settled in that night I started having some contractions around 10:30ish, but nothing I thought was labor, so I headed to bed. I woke up around 1:50 unable to sleep because of the contractions, so I decided to start timing them. Sure enough they were every 4-5 min apart for about 2 hours. Considering we had about a 2 hour drive ahead of us, I decided to call my midwife and see what she thought. She asked me a few questions and asked me if I had tried to go back to sleep. I was so caught up in timing them and figuring out if it was true labor that I hadn't. She recommended that I try to go back to sleep for a half hour and call her back if I couldn't. Well that's when I was sure I should go in. I couldn't get back to sleep. Derek packed the truck, made it comfortable for me, and we were off! The drive was not bad at all, and I am actually thankful that we had it to take some time off labor. We talked and bonded on the way up and expressed our excitement, between contractions of course! We got to the birthing center around 6:15am and got settled in. I loved it there and wouldn't change this experience for the world. NO doubt it was hard work, and painful. But very rewarding. Derek was such a good support person and I KNOW without a doubt that I couldn't have done it without him! I loved my two midwives and am so thankful for this experience. Childbirth is an amazing feat and I am thankful that I was healthy enough to do it this way. So after about 2 hours of hard labor and 15 minutes of pushing, this is what entered our world! Braylee was born at 2:13 pm and weighed in at 7 lbs and 7oz and was 19.5 inches long. I was able to leave the birthing center at 5:00 pm that same day and loved it! We headed for Derek's aunt and uncle's home in Meridian where we stayed the night. I loved being able to take her home so soon and bond with her. She is two days old and we are loving every minute. Brody is being such a great big brother and started crying when we told him we were leaving Boise to go home to Twin. He thought that we were leaving her there. He said, "What about the baby sister mommy? We cant forget her!" He also asked if there was another one coming because my stomach still looked pregnant to him. I assured him that she was ours, and that there were no more coming out, and that we wouldn't forget her!

More pics to come!

4 comments:

Hollie said...

That is awesome!! I have several really close friends that recently gave birth natural and said it was very rewarding and very painful! Your a rock star though. So glad you are her are doing well. She is so adorable! We're really happy for you guys!

Christine said...

That is so awesome!! I have been checking daily to see if she was here yet :) I'm way too scared to do a natural birth, good job girly!

stefani said...

Beautiful story! I love that Brody attached so quickly to Braylee. Thanks for sharing your story. You are a beautiful mother and I'm soo grateful you chose my brother to share eternity with! Love you sister!

stefani

andrew and brittani said...

I keep checking your blog for pics! I'm glad she is here. You are lucky to have gone 8 days early and to have everything go so smoothly. Good luck with your new addition--she's darling.