Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Brody's Birthday and LAGOON!

Brody boy is four years old! I cant believe how fast time goes, sometimes its even hard for me to accept that these years go by so fast... It just doesn't seem fair... At four years old, Brody is the sweetest kid I know! I just love him. This year I was birthday planned out. I didn't want to plan another birthday for him and we decided to spend the money on him instead of a party.... We celebrated his birthday on his birthday, Monday May 21st :) I took the day off school and loved on him EVERY moment I could... He was such a patient little boy... We had him wait till that evening when Derek got home to open his presents... boy was that a challenge! I don't think I have heard, "Mommy, When is daddy gonna be home?" so much! HA! Another funny thing about this boy is that he is still a gagger....lol... The other day Braylee apparently gave him a rather wet kiss and the next thing I see is Brody dry heaving and gagging :)




I asked Brody what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday and he told me CHEESECAKE! So cheesecake is what he got :)



Another funny:
Conversation between Grandpa Bunny and Brody as grandpa finished carrying the mattress up the stairs by himself:
Brody: bunny, did you carry that up the stairs?
Grandpa: yes, I did. Because I'm very very strong.
Brody: Ya, but your not as strong as my Dad. He is stronger and stronger. Really strong. ♥

And another:

After Brody heard a not nice word on TV he repeated it and I said, "Ya, we don't talk like that huh? We wanna talk nice so that Jesus is happy with us." Brody says, "ya. that's right mom. And we don't point guns at people and we don't bug our sisters." I'm glad that he is still so innocent.

For his birthday, we got him a new remote control car, a real BB gun, some other odds and ends, and tickets to LAGOON!

The next weekend we took Brody to Lagoon and he loved every minute of it! We got there when it opened and didn't leave instill about 5. Braylee was a trooper and rode the whole time too (with a short name in between :)















The bumper cars were by far his funnest ride, he loved them!


On the way home we decided to stop at the Hill Air Force Base while they were having an air show. I am so happy that we did! It was so amazing and both the kids loved it, including Derek :)










We love our little boy so much and are so thankful he came to us! He brings so much joy to our lives :)


















No comments: