Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Christmas Eve to Remember!

This Christmas Eve was simply the BEST. Ever.

My Dad, sisters, sister-in-law, and little niece were able to travel to Twin for a little visit. It was so great having them here, especially for the holidays!

Braylee and Leila loved each other. This age is so much fun, they just seem to explore each other ;)!





We had little Leila call her Soldier Daddy who she hadn't seen in months and this is what we caught...... Melt my heart! She is darling!




Braylee and Brody both loved their presents from Grandpa Paul, and spent the rest of the day playing with them :)

Then came the best part of Christmas Eve.... We got to drive up to Boise to welcome my brother home after 4 long tours in Iraq, the last being over a year. What a wonderful Christmas present! Brody came with me, while Braylee stayed home with Daddy. It was such a gut wrenching, tear jerking, once-in-a-lifetime experience and I'm so glad I got to be a part of it! I love that sweet family with all my heart. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the justice....... ...........










I can't even write this post without tearing up.... :( I have the bravest brother in the world. I know it. I have the best sister in law in the world. What a cute, strong family they are, and such a good example to me. I can't wait for them to be closer!

The rest of Christmas Eve was filled with 3 favorite people:)








 Brody kept asking me all month long "when the party was", because apparently he assumed since there were presents, there had got to be a partay! Ha! Well he just made our new Christmas tradition. We celebrated Christ's birthday. We bought balloons on Christmas Eve, and planned on letting them go into the sky up to Heaven to Jesus on Christmas morning. It was a wonderful way to tie in the real meaning of Christmas to our sweet kids :)


 Brody and Braylee opening up their Christmas Eve Jammies. I was so nervous for what Brody would say. I was sure he might be a little weirded out that it wasn't a toy or something. Boy was I wrong, and a very proud mom. He opened them up and couldn't have been more excited! He shouted, "Oh Mommy! Thank you soooo much!" It was so cute, he was so thankful! and Bray was just along for the show:)








 After they open their Jammies, I had them open another gift specially made by mommy. I made them both their very own minky blankies. Again, Brody was so stoked! "AHHHH! Thank you MOMMY!"





Best Christmas Eve Yet.

No comments: