Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

{Our Babies} p.s. [I wish my husband was a camera lover]

There is nothing I love more than these two.... I am so lucky to spend all day with them!






Braylee girl just turned nine months old yesterday.... I can't believe how fast it goes. Really. I can't believe that she will be one in 3 months. I just brought this sweet girl home didn't I?


Braylee loves to stand up. She is not interested in crawling, but she has a burning desire to keep up with her brother. I guess walking will have to be the way :)


I am concerned that I will never get another girl again. I mean, I would love more boys, and surely wouldn't care if the rest were boys, but I love to dress Braylee up because I know I would regret it if I never got another girl! So she loves to cramp my style by ripping off her bows, taking off her bracelets and hating shoes....

Braylee is really into copy lately. If you growl, she growls. If you say momma, she says momma. She is really good at signing drink now, and does it often! I love having these little memories! It wasn't until I had Braylee that I realized how important these little things were and how quickly you forget. I always say, "I wonder when Brody did this?" Sometimes I look back and can find it, but a lot of the time I can't. I hope to be better!

Brody is hilarious. Such a great personality. He loves sports. This has never changed. He has loved it forever. He loves all sports movies, even if they are grown-up ones like Remember the Titans, Rudy, etc. He says the FUNNIEST stuff. The other day he was waving good by to his daddy and blowing kisses, and as soon as Derek drove away he said, "Daddy is so cute, Huh?" I told him that I wasn't sure if he was cute, but he was very handsome ;) He also always runs around saying, "Mommy, you look pretty, SO pretty." Finally Derek got a little intimidated and said, "Brody, you are making me look bad!" 
Derek and I were talking the other day and we both have a little school pride when it comes to our high schools. I said something a little off the wall and Derek said, "You must have graduated from Salmon." Brody got really defensive and said, "No she didn't Daddy!, She is beautiful!" Can you just say, melt my little heart <3.
One more story. This might be horrible parenting, but o-well. We used to tell Brody that he needed to put his seat belt on and keep it on or else the cops were gonna pull us over and take him to jail. I know, I know, HORRIBLE. But it worked. And then it wore off. He could care less. So then somehow we turned it in to the gorilla cops. (He happens to be afraid of gorillas). It started working again. REALLY WELL. He loves to run around naked. I happen to HATE it. But he knows that if he doesn't have clothes on, those gorilla cops will come a knocking! ;) Then our friends and neighbors informed us one time that they have a gorilla costume that they use at Magic Mountain for Halloween. AWESOME. The gorilla lives next door. He is so convenient too. If Brody forgets or slips, that gorilla will nicely poke his head out the door, just a little reminder.! Brody repeats, I'm sorry gorilla, go away. I will be good.

AND for Derek and I. We are good. Derek is loving his job and getting ready to start school again. I think he is secretly excited. If there is one thing I have learned about that man in 5 years, it is that he LOVES change. He simply isn't happy without it. This can be a little nerve racking at times, so I try to help this situation. For example, He always says that he HATES cold cereal. But if I happen to buy a kind that he hasn't had, he'll eat the whole box.

Ive just been loving this..... My garden. Nothing better than fresh veggies :)


1 comment:

Hollie said...

ok..Braylee's little zebra shoes are adorable. And I'm a little jealous of your garden. That is one thing that will be nice when we don't leave for the summers. Cute pics.