Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Back to School-Back to the Gym ;]

So I'm super proud to say that Derek is hitting the books again for like the 4th semester in a row, A RECORD....! Just kidding :) Well, I'm not. But anyway, he is super smart and has some pretty lofty goals to accomplish :) I needed something to get back to, and since I have taken about a three month break from the gym this summer, I decided that getting back in the gym wasn't a bad idea ;)

Another toot for Derek, hopefully he doesn't read this (HA!), but he has been going to the gym for about 5 months straight 5-6 days a week. He has set goals, made them, set some more and is reaching them. Awesome, huh? I have never been able to say that I have reached goals at the gym.......YIKES. Although his goals would be easy for me (to gain 15 pounds), it is just as hard for him to gain as it is for me to lose! UGH! I wish! Anyway, he has been a little bit of an inspiration for me. Not to mention working all the while ;) He is a buff piece of man meat with a pretty awesome six pack ;)


I also love how good he is at his job :) and he loves it. and so do his babes. Every chance we get, we try to go with him to the fields :)

Brody loves the "big tractors" and wants to be just like his dad. Braylee is just excited to be with her brother.


We took a little hike up to Ross Falls one weekend. My Camera died before we got to the top, but we did get some shots for memories sake. The last time we had hiked up there, was when I found out I was pregnant with Brody. It was fun to remember :)






 And I guess the best part about being the author, is if you hate the pictures of yourself, you don't have to put em up ;)!

Brody and Braylee are growing up so fast ;( I have been trying to be a little better and spend more time with them... just playing... This is what our typical days have been filled with......








We also have been spending a lot of our nights sleeping out on the tramp :) Now that it has been getting cooler a little quicker, it has been so nice! Derek has a fun stars app on his phone where we can see all the stars, constellations, planets, etc.... Sometimes we stay up WAY too late playing on it :) 


Braylee is getting so big, well wait, she is getting so old! She will be 10 months in a week or so. She seems to be thinning out a bit lately but still is as chunky as can be :) She signs for drink, bye bye, & points to the light, momma and dadda. She also has been jabbering a bit more lately and says Mamma and Dadda. 
~Her favorite movie is Kids Favorite Songs with Elmo
~Her favorite food is POPCICLES and ICEE's!!! (she's her momma's girl!)
~Her favorite person is Brody (by far), and her Grandpa Bunny :)
~Her favorite toy is basically anything of her brothers, lately airplanes 
~At almost 10 months, she still has NO teeth!
~At almost 10 months, she still DOESN'T Crawl, but would love you to walk her around the house.
Bray girl is the sweetest little thing on this planet. Hands down the best baby :) We love her to pieces!
Brody boy is getting so big and OLD too ;( I cant stand the fact that I only get 5 years at home with him :( I'm pretty sure pre-school is scratched off his list! He is the sweetest big brother. He is constantly wanting Braylee to join in on the fun. Whenever he is going to do something fun, he turns around and says, "What about the little sissy?" He carries her everywhere, brings her toys, and bites off little pieces of his food for her so she, "Doesn't choke and die, mommy." I was driving in the car the other day and packed Brody a sandwich to bring along. Braylee was fussy and I turned around and Brody had pinched off a teeny tiny piece, so small that I'm not even sure she tasted it. It was the sweetest thing EVER.

One day as we were cleaning up our lunch Brody asked me, "Mommy, How does Jesus get all this food to our house?" I was so shocked that he actually thinks about what he says in his prayers when he thanks Jesus for the food :) Oh the joys of raising and innocent 3 year old :)!

Brody is constantly reminding me how tough he is. At least a few times a day. One day he said, "mommy, did you remember that I was tough?" I assured him that I remembered and I didn't think I would EVER forget. A few minutes later he said, "Mommy, your not as tough as Daddy and me, are you?" I again assured him that they are WAY tougher than me, and reminded him how Daddy and him basically take me out on the tramp together almost daily :)

Derek is playing on a city-league flag football team and you can imagine how super excited Brody was for this. His first game was last week and Brody is still talking about how he needs to get a helmet, poky shoes, and some gloves so he can be like those, "football guys." 

Anyway, that is a little update :)




1 comment:

rsctt said...

sounds like a great family. Stick to your goals and you'll get there, even if only one step at a time!


http://wayfarersquest-rsctt.blogspot.com