Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Big Brother



Dear Daddy,

I do not have a face to see, Or put inside a frame. I do not have soft cheeks to kiss, I don't yet have a name. You can't yet hold my tiny hands, Nor whisper in my ear. It's still too soon to sing a song, Or cuddle me so near. But all will change come November, That's when the say I'm due. I'm your new son or daughter, I can't wait till I meet you. All I ask between now and then, Is your patience while I grow. I promise I'll be worth the wait, Because of all the love we'll know. So what I have to give you now, is a wish to you from me. I cannot wait to be a part Of this wonderful family.
Yep, that's right, Brody is gonna be a big brother! Brody and I found out Monday morning and it was everything we could do not to tell daddy all day....We ran down to Joann's to pick out some fabric and rushed back home and started sewing away. We told Daddy to meet at Applebee's and that our phone was gonna die so we couldn't explain why. After work he met us there waiting patiently to tell him the news. He looked at Brody's shirt, didn't catch on, and said that he had to use the restroom. He came back, read his shirt and says, "Big Brother?" what does that mean? I just smiled and he soon figured it out and we gave him the little poem above. He smiled from ear to ear and was so excited he forgot to tell the waitress what he wanted to drink. I told her "He'll have a water:)"

9 comments:

Christine said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! i am so excited for you guys sarah!! I hope you have a girl :) I know how excited I was to have one and you might just be girlier than me so girl wishes are coming your way!! haha. A little brother would be cool too though...and way easier on the pocket book since you already have everything ;) Hope you are feeling good! So wait are you 2 months already?

Lonna said...

Congratulations!! I hope you have a girl! I think You would have so much fun with a little girl! as crafty as you are!! But Brody would love a lil brother too!

Hollie said...

Congrats!! Cute idea and what a cute little story. We're excited for you guys!!! Yay! Keep us updated!

Ryan & Amanda Leiser said...

O my gosh that's so exciting!!
Congratulationa you guys

Ryan & Amanda Leiser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
micah folsom photography said...

woooo!! congrats you guys!! that is so exciting!

emily Stoddard said...

Congrats Sar! I'm so happy for you!!!

Becca said...

so good thing i finally checked my facebook to randomly see your blog address--the funny thing is i just had the random thought to ask and harass you about when number 2 was gonna be--funny, huh? not like i have any room to be saying that since aiden is way older--lol--anyways, congrats you're so lucky :)

Paul and Celeste Johnson said...

YAY! Congrats to you guys!! That was such a cute idea (how you told Derek) Glad to see you guys are doing so well!