Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

NO title

So I have a broken camera :( WHAAA! O-well. But I just wanted to note a few things. Our little Braylee is 12 weeks old as of yesterday... SO bittersweet. It seems I have been having a lot of those moments lately. As I was folding the 12th pair of little action figure underwear this week, I realized how bittersweet that was. My little boy should still be in diapers. He should not be growing up. Period. But I am so grateful that he is potty trained too! :)

Derek came home from work yesterday and surprised Brody with a cop car that makes entirely too much noise, and a bumbo for sweet Braylee. I was pleasantly surprised and so was Brody! Braylee does pretty good in the bumbo, but if she is in it for too long, I can tell her neck gets tired and she wants out. She is such a great baby, but sure has an attitude if there is something she doesn't like :) She has got a voice on her! She is giggling a bit but has not gotten in to it a ton and I cant wait till she does so I can snag it on video!

My weeks seem to be flying by at home. I always look forward to Derek getting home at night... it seems it is the highlight of my day. Although I have my moments with him, he is truly my best friend and keeps me laughing daily. I am sad to say this but Braylee loves her daddy mucho. I thought I would be the highlight of her life for the first little while like I was to Brody, but no. She loves to be with him in his arms. She seems so soothed and peaceful with him... another bittersweet moment for me. Mommy hood seems so different this time around.... Like one friend described to me once. One child is like a pet and a show toy, two kids give you meaning and keep you busy! (not that having one doesn't give you meaning, I might be putting my foot in my mouth with this one:)

I love my life.

No comments: