Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

late...tired....need to blog!

So we have Internet in our apt now so I really need to get this updated so I can keep up... bare with me:)
So we have been having such a wonderful time here in Pittsburgh:) We have been trying to enjoy the summer more by visiting and exploring more of the city and surroundings. It has been so much fun. Derek is doing well out her and I am so proud of him and his hard work. I am really blessed to have such a hard working husband. Not to mention, and excellent daddy.
Brody is still my pride and joy. I love that little creature. He is so amazing and fascinating to me. He learns so quickly and I am so proud. He is talking more and more lately and it makes me laugh. He is thirteen months old and I thought he was being a little slow on speaking, maybe cuz he uses sign language a lot to communicate with us. But this last week has changed my mind. He is trying so hard to say one syllable words and it is so cute:) He says mom ma, dad da, shoes, buuh bye, hi, banana, etc...obviously in his little baby way:) I know I say this every time but he LOVES animals, especially dogs. We need one. Brody and I went to an appointment with Derek the other day where the family had gotten broken into 2 days before that while they were away. It was so sad. They had pretty much everything expensive stolen, and the mom was just horrified. She was pregnant and had two little ones at home. They had a huge dog, who wasn't there at the time of the break in, and Brody was all over him! It was so cute, he was so excited yet a little bit scared.
Anyway, I am journaling and should really be blogging so here goes.....

I love having a little boy with such a great personality...you can just see it in him!!!
and you gotta have some bath pics:0

So I have been trying to be a better mom to Brody. Sometimes I just get so caught up in cleaning, cooking, laundry, work, etc that I forget that I need to be his mommy. I need to spend quality time with him, and not just be his baby sitter. So anyway I have been setting aside an hour every four hours or so and letting it just be HIS time. I let him do whatever he wants and I do it with him. Without doing anything else of course. This has helped so much. I feel like he is getting the attention that a one year old needs, and also learning so much along the way. I love it. THis is not to say that I don't make him have just Brody time either. I believe he needs that too. ANyway, these next pics and video are of him taking me for a walk around the apartments:)





Just a few shots of the davis fam:)~~~~~and Brody's little girlfriend LeXI


And Brody's most recent haircut.....my favorite thing to do to him!!


So for some of our exploring...Derek and I decided to head up to Amish Country.. Volant and New Wilmington PA. What A beautiful place and way of life. It was so crazy. It was like a movie. I cant even explain how cool it was. Here are a few pics from the trip:)
....the drive......


Brody's kryptonite
And I took this picture (Derek thinks I'm Crazy) because I just think it is so beautiful here, even on the freeway!
a few of the visit.....
and Brody dancing to some kids songs to end this blog finally!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Looks like you guys are having fun. Your little guy is such a stud. They grow up so fast!! Thanks for the comment. We are getting so excited!!! I can't believe it's almost here. Plus you got me all excited again...sometimes after a restless night because I can't get comfortable it's nice to hear how special it is for other people with their kids and then I can forget my aching back. haha