Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

YoU KnOw He'S a GoOd DadDY wHeN........

So I came home from work the other day and found this in the living room....
Derek and Brody had built a fort outta the kitchen table, chairs, a couple big bags of toilet paper....and all Brody's toys were underneath the fort....They were both so wiped out from playing...this broke my little heart... Everytime I'm away for the evening or afternoon, I always come home to Derek and Brody playing hard. Derek has done stuff with Brod that would probably make me bite my lip, but I know that they are so priceless...For example, the other day when I got home I asked Derek what they did today. He responded with, "we took a bike ride to the park, to feed the geese, and to see the dogs...." I said, "took a bike ride? How? You don't have a seat for him..." Derek said, "he rode on my knee."............. AHHHH! so dangerous, I thought. But I just bit my lip and said, how fun!!! On another day I got home and Derek had taken Brody to the pet store....(Brody loves dogs) and he saw the birds and dogs:) I thought, gross, I hope he washed his hands.....ha!!!
Anyway, I just think that this is such a great example of an excellent Daddy. Without Daddy's, little boys would be so sheltered. And what a good Daddy to just plain out PLAY!!! It is so easy for me even, to just get busy doing other things and let Brody play with himself. I have never seen Derek do this...WOW!! Props to Derek!!!

3 comments:

micah folsom photography said...

SO CUTE!! four more days woman.

Hollie said...

How fun! He is getting so big. and cuter all the time

Brianne said...

That is so funny and cute. Its so true though, Clint watched Rees one night for me and when I came home she was eating chapstick yuck! I freaked and clint was like "she likes it see!" So let them be little is what I have to remind myself but so cute!
love Brianne